2016 Rayleigh Tutorial
1. Basic knowledge of scientific Python.
2. A reasonably modern laptop with Python 2.6x and Matplotlib installed (4GB of ram preferred)
3. Rayleigh is written in primarily in Fortran and, optionally, employs simple C++ libraries for directory creation at runtime. In addition, Rayleigh depends on several commonly used external libraries. Please install the following on your system prior to the tutorial.
- Fortran compiler (tested GNU, Intel, and IBM)
- C++ compiler (Optional; tested GNU and Intel)
- FFTW (version 3.x or higher)
- MPI (for Fortran)
- OpenMP (Optional)
- Optional: Intel's MKL library provides interfaces to LAPack, BLAS, and FFTW3. A single MKL installation may be used in place of those three, separately installed libraries.
The Rayleigh tutorial will be held:
- Sunday, June 19: Part I: 1317 Earth and Physical Sciences Building.
- Monday, June 20: Part II: MSB1106 7:30p