[aspect-devel] Termination criteria module

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at math.tamu.edu
Thu Dec 13 05:26:53 PST 2012

On 12/12/2012 07:36 PM, Eric Heien wrote:
> I just added one more termination criteria that lets the user
> gracefully end the simulation by creating a file in the working
> directory, by default named "terminate_aspect".  This can be useful
> if you don't know how long you want to run, but you want a final
> checkpoint or to ensure a graceful exit.

Clever :-) Would you be willing to change it in such a way that it looks
for the file in the output directory instead? [1] I not infrequently run
several instances of a program with different input files and writing
into different output directories, but I presumably only want to stop
one of these instances.

[1] Maybe that's what you mean with "working directory" -- I forgot to
check out your changes before hopping on this plane...

Wolfgang Bangerth               email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu