[aspect-devel] velocity RMS

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at math.tamu.edu
Sun Dec 16 06:25:07 PST 2012

> thanks , we just figured it out too. However, in our input file we
> set it to true, and yet the statistics file outputs it in m/s (since
> as you just pointed out we have to divide the number by 3600x365x24)

What is the postprocessor that prints the data in m/s? This seems to be
a bug.

I believe that what is happening is this:
- internally, we always compute with meters and seconds
- where you describe your boundary values with the formula
     5.0/a*cos(z/670000.*pi);0
   you interpret this as meters per year because you have set the
   flag to consider years instead of seconds.
- but we forget to make the conversion and instead consider this
   input as meters per second.

I've just checked in r1533 that addresses this. Can you try again?

Wolfgang Bangerth               email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu