[aspect-devel] Writing output in parallel

Timo Heister heister at math.tamu.edu
Mon Feb 27 09:35:01 PST 2012

>> - we rip out all the background writing because it will be fast enough
>> without it
>> - I will finish the write_vtu_in_parallel() routine, that organizes
>> writing into larger vtu files with MPI I/O.
>
> OK. I guess I'll leave this to you then.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention is that I am not sure if we want one
big file per time step. It might happen that paraview in parallel is
less efficient reading one big file. One solution would be to write
something like n*0.05 files, where n is the number of compute
processes. I already have an idea how to easily implement this. If we
visualize with n*0.05 parallel paraview nodes, we would end up with
one file per process, which should work fine. I guess this is
something we need to experiment with...

http://www.math.tamu.edu/~heister/