[aspect-devel] Writing output in parallel

Thomas Geenen geenen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 07:42:14 PST 2012

i agree that for bigger machines your solution is better
most (all) of these machine do not even have local storage

yes indeed the low tech solution i suggested/implemetented is to just
execute a system call to start moving the files during the run in the
background from local scratch storage to network drive

what i suggest is to make something that is good for large systems and
something that will work for your average joe's cluster.
with slow network storage and fast local storage the MPI/IO solution will
be suboptimal i guess.
having the user start messing around with simlinks pointing to drives on
different nodes etc is probably also not very fail save.

cheers
Thomas