[aspect-devel] Writing output in parallel

Thomas Geenen geenen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 07:54:06 PST 2012

yes there is.

the problem in that case is that the IO and the solver use the same
interconnect
where otherwise the solver uses infiniband and the IO the ethernet (this is
the way most simple clusters are designed)
and there are a bunch of rather large mpi buffers being occupied by the IO.
i do not know how this will affect the performance as well.

Timo is right in that for large machines this in the only way to go but for
smaller clusters i have my doubts.

cheers
Thomas