[aspect-devel] Problems with Mapping::transform_real_to_unit_cell

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at math.tamu.edu
Wed Jun 27 12:00:44 PDT 2012

Folks,
coming back to this: I think I've solved this now, hopefully correctly:
whenever the iteration in Mapping::transform_real_to_unit_cell fails,
then we throw an exception. I've added a line search to the iteration,
so I think it is reasonable to assume that if the iteration fails, then
because the point is, in fact, outside the cell, and I've modified the
various callers of the function to expect that an exception may be
thrown. Thanks for all of your help in figuring out where the problem
actually lies!

Eric: Do you still have the input file that triggered the problem? If
so, can you (i) send it to me, and (ii) verify that the problem is
indeed gone now?

Wolfgang Bangerth               email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu