[aspect-devel] Pressure normalization

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at math.tamu.edu
Sun Mar 4 16:01:40 PST 2012

All,
just FYI: We've had a bit of a mess so far in how to normalize the
pressure (the equations we solve of course only determine the pressure
up to a constant). Let me not describe all the various places where
we've adjusted the pressure so far, but I think I've cleaned this up now
in such a way that we consistently enforce that the pressure at the
surface of the domain equals a value specified in the input file. In
most cases, this surface pressure is going to be zero, but one can also
set it to something else, for example the hydrostatic pressure at the
bottom of the lithosphere.

Best
  Wolfgang
Wolfgang Bangerth               email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu