[aspect-devel] ASPECT with PETSc

Timo Heister heister at math.tamu.edu
Sun Mar 11 06:20:23 PDT 2012

> [Timo: Question -- do we want this anyway? If so, please apply to the
> repository since I will be offline for the next couple of days.]

I think so, yes. This was on my "10% time to be done on weekends" list.

> The second part you talked about, namely not building the matrix as
> individual blocks but instead as one matrix from which you let PETSc pick
> and choose is likely going to be much more difficult. I'll try to explain
> how this currently works when we meet in 20 minutes down at the AGU
> building. For now I've gotta run :-)

Matt, you want to use PETSc solvers for the whole linear system? It
shouldn't be too hard to make this change. To explain: right now a
PETScWrappers::BlockSparseMatrix is a two-dimensional array of PETSc
matrices (same with vectors). Of course, we are using this block
structure in many places.

http://www.math.tamu.edu/~heister/