[aspect-devel] Problems running Aspect

Ian Rose ian.rose at berkeley.edu
Wed May 2 11:13:03 PDT 2012

Hi Timo,

1) I am using Trilinos 10.4.2
2) I am using the unedited box.prm
3) I have tried it with 32, 16, 8, and 4 processors
4)  Here is an output with box.prm on 4 processors.  This one does not make
it for any time steps...

Number of active cells: 256 (on 5 levels)
Number of degrees of freedom: 3,556 (2,178+289+1,089)

*** Timestep 0:  t=0 seconds
   Solving temperature system... 13 iterations.
   Rebuilding Stokes preconditioner...
   Solving Stokes system...

+---------------------------------------------+------------+------------+
| Total wallclock time elapsed since start    |      25.4s |            |
|                                             |            |            |
| Section                         | no. calls |  wall time | % of total |
+---------------------------------+-----------+------------+------------+
| Assemble Stokes system          |         1 |     0.497s |         2% |
| Assemble temperature system     |         1 |      1.13s |       4.4% |
| Build Stokes preconditioner     |         1 |     0.475s |       1.9% |
| Build temperature preconditioner|         1 |    0.0998s |      0.39% |
| Solve Stokes system             |         1 |      22.1s |        87% |
| Solve temperature system        |         1 |    0.0207s |     0.082% |
| Setup dof systems               |         1 |     0.648s |       2.6% |
+---------------------------------+-----------+------------+------------+

Exception on processing:
Iterative method reported convergence failure in step 2467 with residual
5.68
Aborting!
/home/ian.rose/dealii/aspect/lib/aspect:exit(1)

Exception on processing:
Iterative method reported convergence failure in step 2467 with residual
5.68
Aborting!
/home/ian.rose/dealii/aspect/lib/aspect:exit(1)

Exception on processing:
Iterative method reported convergence failure in step 2467 with residual
5.68
Aborting!
/home/ian.rose/dealii/aspect/lib/aspect:exit(1)

Exception on processing:
Iterative method reported convergence failure in step 2467 with residual
5.68
Aborting!
/home/ian.rose/dealii/aspect/lib/aspect:exit(1)

In case it is relevant, I have compiled everything with Intel icc v.12

Thanks!
Ian