[aspect-devel] Aspect Parallel Initialization

Timo Heister heister at math.tamu.edu
Wed Nov 28 11:37:15 PST 2012

> On 11/28/2012 10:52 AM, Eric Heien wrote:
>> OK, I added the note.  Also, I realized this may be the cause of slow
>> checkpointing as well.  I don't have time to investigate now, but if
>> someone experiences slow checkpointing (like I did before) this may
>> help them.
>
> Maybe, but in the case of checkpointing every processor really does have
> to write something. In the case of the parameter file this was just a bug...

Correct. The .info file is only written by processor 0. The big mesh
file is written by p4est, but all processors are writing (using
posix). If I find the time, I will update the interface from deal.II
to p4est to a better API for writing this file (then using MPI I/O).

http://www.math.tamu.edu/~heister/