[aspect-devel] Aspect particles

Eric Heien emheien at ucdavis.edu
Thu Aug 15 10:45:48 PDT 2013

Hello all,

Wolfgang has been rewriting the Aspect particle code to simplify it, and during the course of this he's discussed some issues with me.  In particular, I originally wrote the code to allow particles to have arbitrary data types (int, float, double, char, etc) associated with them.  However, this complicates the I/O and communication.  I'm considering changing this to only allow double values, though vectors/tensors of multiple doubles would also be allowed.

Does anyone think they would require anything besides double valued data related to particles in the simulations?

Thanks,

-Eric