[aspect-devel] deal.II Workshop 2013

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at math.tamu.edu
Wed Jun 26 11:08:29 PDT 2013

All,

I don't recall whether I sent the announcement to this list, but in any
case: let us know if you'd like to come. The deadline is in a few days
already but we can stretch that if you send us a notice of interest,
even if you can't say for sure yet whether you will be able to come.

Best
  Wolfgang

Dear deal.II users and developers,

the fourth deal.II users' and developers' workshop will be held
August 19-22 in College Station, TX. The intent of this workshop
is to discuss applications and tools using deal.II, as well as
future directions of the library itself.

We invite talks and plan discussions by users and existing
developers in the following areas:
  - use cases and applications of the library
  - what users think would be useful directions for the library
    to go into, things that are missing, and possibly getting
    people together who can help implement those parts
  - newer parts of the library (e.g., cmake, large parallel
    computations, etc.) and how these could help in your programs.
The workshop will also have several "code jam" sessions where people
can ask questions, work on their codes together, and receive help
from experienced users.

Registration:
Please register via an informal email to buerg at math.tamu.edu
and include the following information:
- your full name
- your address and institution
- whether you would like to present a talk (please do so)
- whether you will need travel support (see below)

Deadline for registration: June 30, 2013.

Travel support:
A limited amount of (domestic) travel support is available courtesy of
the National Science Foundation, and will be given on a first come first
serve basis to those presenting a talk on their work, with preference to
undergraduate and graduate students. If you need support, please
state so in your registration.

Further information:
   http://www.dealii.org/workshop-2013/

The organizers
   Markus Buerg (Texas A&M University)
   Timo Heister (Texas A&M University)
   Matthias Maier (Heidelberg University)
   Wolfgang Bangerth (Texas A&M University)