[aspect-devel] compositional boundary conditions

Glerum, A.C. (Anne) A.C.Glerum at uu.nl
Mon Mar 4 11:57:28 PST 2013

Hi all,

First of all, thank you for all the help on our memory problem. I can now run the same models with only 13 Gb.

I do have a question pertaining to those models. We prescribe a velocity profile as a boundary condition along the right vertical boundary of the model. The compositional fields that are advected by the resulting flow are at start-up connected to that boundary; we would like to "push" them in. However, we cannot prescribe compositional boundary conditions and the fields get perturbed close to the boundary. Will you be implementing compositional boundary conditions?

Thank you,

Anne

Anne Glerum, MSc | PhD candidate | Department of Earth Sciences | Utrecht University|  Budapestlaan 4, 3584 CD Utrecht | Room Z.204 | A.C.Glerum at uu.nl<mailto:D.J.J.vanHinsbergen at uu.nl> |