[aspect-devel] Setting boundary indicators in Aspect

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at math.tamu.edu
Sat Mar 9 04:57:18 PST 2013

All,
a while back, Juliane asked me how to set boundary indicators in aspect in
such a way that one can determine, at run time, which face of the boundary
will get which boundary indicator.

Rather than describe it here on the mailing list, I decided to simply write a
section in the manual -- see pages 100-102 as currently in svn. The way
described there seems a bit complicated (using callbacks) but turns out to be
enormously powerful when you want to do complex things.

Juliane -- I'm terribly sorry this too me so incredibly long to write. 5 weeks
is not an acceptable response time :-(

Best
  Wolfgang

Wolfgang Bangerth               email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu