[aspect-devel] cookbooks/composition-active.prm

Thomas Geenen geenen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 08:57:44 PST 2013

he Timo,

this is the result of higher order basis functions no? with sharp contrasts
this typically happens when the high value in the nodal point is multiplied
with the local negative value of the basis function.
we could chop up the elements in linear elements and interpolate to the
integration points with linear basis functions of these smaller elements.

of course this should be an option to the user i guess.
this might also allow for larger elements in the thermal boundary layer
(prevent negative temperatures there).

cheers
Thomas