[aspect-devel] strain rate corner values and velocity boundary conditions

Timo Heister heister at clemson.edu
Thu Oct 31 07:16:37 PDT 2013

Dear Anne,

> So, my question is, am I correct that right now you have to specify all velocity components when prescribing velocity and if so, would you be willing to change this?

Yes, right now you list a given indicator as zero, tangential,
prescribed, or not at all and this logic applies to all components. We
can change this, though.

To make sure I understand you correctly: you want for the bottom to
prescribe the x-component of the velocity to a certain value (given by
a function), but not fix the y-component? What about the other
boundaries?

http://www.math.clemson.edu/~heister/