[aspect-devel] pressure normalization

Thomas Geenen geenen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 08:06:10 PDT 2013

it seems to have been a glitch in the system.
i reran the experiments and the walltime spend in the
pressure_normalization has reduces a lot
i now see timings for all cores similar to the lowest timings in the
previous run.

for that run i observed large outliers in the walltime for several cores
up to 30 times higher with a lot of time spend in the global mpi routines
MPI::sum etc

next on the list is the call to compress
dealii::BlockMatrixBase<dealii::TrilinosWrappers::SparseMatrix>::compress

cheers
Thomas
ps i was running between 100 and 200K dfd per core for the timing runs