[aspect-devel] periodic domains

Timo Heister heister at clemson.edu
Wed Sep 11 08:13:17 PDT 2013

Hey,

thanks to recent work by a number of people deal.II now supports
periodic domains in parallel with adaptive refinement.

Ian Rose added support for this in Aspect (thanks!). There is an
example in cookbooks/ that shows how to use it.

Please note that while I added an ifdef guard
#if (DEAL_II_MAJOR*100 + DEAL_II_MINOR) >= 810
#endif
around the new functionality, you will run into compile time errors if
you are using a development version of deal.II and are not using the
8.0 release. You need to update deal.II to a revision >30625 if you
get compile errors (I was not aware of a better way to handle this).

To run periodic simulations you need to have a recent p4est version
and update deal.II.

http://www.math.clemson.edu/~heister/