[aspect-devel] ASPECT question

Thomas Geenen geenen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 06:02:47 PDT 2014

hi Erik,

i experimented with that in the past and it helps a bit but do not expect
miracles.
there are other "tricks" to make it converge but those are kind of hacks.
otherwise you might want to experiment with your solver settings.
increasing the accuracy of the velocity subsystem solve and increasing the
value for the threshold (Amg_data.aggregation_threshold in assembly.cc)
 could improve the convergence in these cases.
of course increasing the resolution at the velocity jump would not harm you
either.

best
Thomas