[aspect-devel] ASPECT scaling on a Cray XC30

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at math.tamu.edu
Thu Feb 6 12:39:02 PST 2014

On 02/06/2014 11:33 AM, Rene Gassmoeller wrote:
> Yes I thought about that as well. Also a thing on the to-do list. Maybe
> we can combine all this to an example section on ASPECT scaling in the
> manual? Essentially it is just an extension of the part in the paper,
> but it might be useful for others to estimate whether ASPECT is suitable
> for their model sizes. In this case, I would maybe remove the parameter
> file of all specific options for our model (getting rid of this
> resolution dependency) and redo the models once more.

I think this would be a nice idea. It would be interesting, in
particular, to discuss a bit the process of determining whether things
scale (e.g., why you chose to run the cases you ran -- namely to
evaluate weak and strong scaling).

If you create the data and a rough first version of the text, I'd of
course be happy to help with completing the writing!

Wolfgang Bangerth               email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu