[aspect-devel] cylindrical rigid body rotation

cedric thieulot geogarfield at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 06:14:09 PST 2014

Hi,

I am running a few simple simulations in cylindrical geometry (constant viscosity, incompressible flow, low Ra number) for a benchmark article.
When I run the simulation with no-slip bc, the solution looks fine and the measurements correspond to values obtained with other codes.
As soon as I use free-slip on the inner and outer bc, I observe a rigid body rotation (see attached movie). Note that the measurements in general are not very much off,
but the root mean square velocity measurements will undoubtedly suffer. Is there an algorithm implemented in the ASPECT to remove it ?

Cheers,

Cedric.