[aspect-devel] AGU meeting feedback

Juliane Dannberg dannberg at gfz-potsdam.de
Mon Jan 13 04:11:09 PST 2014

Hi Timo,

I guess Wolfgang answered more that just these questions in the new
section of the manual, which I really like (thanks, Wolfgang!), but for
the sake of completeness:

> What is the timing for the second peak you get for the 256 run? It
> looks like it is slightly below 900.
It's 906 seconds.

> How difficult was it to find the right width of the layer?
I am not sure, because I do not know if what I choose is the "right"
width of the layer. I just tried what Wolfgang suggested (something like
a width of 2-3 cells), because I assumed this would make the solution
independent of the mesh. As Wolfgang already mentioned, the exact timing
might still be different from the results in the van Keken benchmark, I
just wanted to show the convergence. If we wanted to exactly reproduce
the van Keken result, I guess we would have to choose a smaller width of
the layer for the grids with high resolution.

Cheers,
Juliane

---