[aspect-devel] Error in moving temporary files during output

Rene Gassmoeller rengas at gfz-potsdam.de
Mon Jan 13 09:05:21 PST 2014

Dear all,
I have a follow up question on the Input/Output issue Wolfgang had. I am
currently doing scaling tests on a Cray XC30 up to 4000 cores and
getting the same error messages. I am writing in a designated $WORK
directory that is intended for data output, however there is also a fast
local $TMPDIR directory on each compute node.
I guess my question is: Is the Number of grouped files = 1 parameter
always useful in case of a large parallel computation and an existent
MPI I/O system or is this cluster specific (in that case I will just
contact the system administrators for help)?

Another thing I would like to mention is that this system only allows
for static linking. With my limited knowledge I was only able to compile
ASPECT by commenting out the option to dynamically load external
libraries by user input. Could somebody who introduced the possibility
to dynamically load libraries at runtime comment on the work to make
this a switch at compile-time? I dont know much about this, otherwise I
would search for a solution myself. In case this creates a longer
discussion I will open up a new thread on the mailing list.

Thanks for comments and suggestions,
Rene