[aspect-devel] Error in moving temporary files during output

Rene Gassmoeller rengas at gfz-potsdam.de
Thu Jan 16 04:09:12 PST 2014

On 01/16/2014 02:26 AM, Wolfgang Bangerth wrote:

> OK. I believe that I've fixed this now. Can you verify that when you run
> cmake again on this system, that at the bottom (~4 lines from the end)
> it says "Disabling dynamic loading of plugins from the input file" or
> similar, and that it also doesn't compile the offending line in main.cc
> any more?

Well, I get the cmake lines you introduced:

-- Creating a statically linked executable
-- Disabling dynamic loading of plugins from the input file
-- Autopilot invoked

But still the linker complains about the dlopen and dlerror calls,
although they now should not even be compiled from what I saw in your
commit. I also made a 'make distclean' before testing so there are no
old files around. The error messages are:

Linking CXX executable aspect
CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/main.cc.o: In function
`possibly_load_shared_libs(std::string const&)':
/home/b/bbpjdann/Software/aspect-dev/source/main.cc:131: undefined
reference to `dlopen'
/home/b/bbpjdann/Software/aspect-dev/source/main.cc:132: undefined
reference to `dlerror'
make[2]: *** [aspect] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Maybe the Precompiler-Variable you set in CmakeLists did not make it to
main.cc? I am not very familiar with cmake, so I do not know how to test
this.

>> Good news at the end, it seems a recent ASPECT version (2266) scales
>> well up to 4096 cores (and maybe higher) for a problem size of 300
>> Million Dofs and the lowest resonable #Dofs per core is still around
>> 50000 - 2*10^5 ... roughly the same as in the publication from 2012. If
>> anyone is interested I can share some details when I am finished.
>
> This is indeed good news. Want to post your results here on the mailing
> list?

I can certainly post the results as soon as they are finished.

Cheers,
Rene