[aspect-devel] ASPECT tutorials

Glerum, A.C. (Anne) A.C.Glerum at uu.nl
Fri Jan 17 07:00:03 PST 2014

Anne Glerum, MSc | PhD candidate | Department of Earth Sciences | Utrecht University|  Budapestlaan 4, 3584 CD Utrecht | Room Z.204 | A.C.Glerum at uu.nl |

On Jan 16, 2014, at 3:39 PM, Juliane Dannberg wrote:

Am 16.01.2014 15:10, schrieb Timo Heister:
1/ Do people think such tutorials make sense at all?
I think so, yes. We want as many people as possible to know about
Aspect and be able to use it.
I second that!

3/ Would anyone be interested in teaching tutorials and/or participate in
   developing training materials?
Certainly. I offered to help at cider (but I am busy 7/13-7/19 already).
René and me also signed up for CIDER and we will be there for the whole time. So it should not be a problem if you are away for one week. Also, feel free to ask if you would like to have any help with the preparation or anything else.

Also, I just noticed there is no tutorial planned for Europe. We just thought about organizing something like a small meeting of European Aspect users at our institute this year, although nothing definite has been planned yet. But this might be another opportunity to invite future Aspect users and give a tutorial. However, I am not sure who else in Europe (except from the Utrecht group) already uses Aspect...
Any ideas or suggestions about such a meeting? And for the Utrecht group: would you be interested in participating in such a workshop? We still can think about relevant topics, etc.

Juliane, we would definitely like to participate! Could you let me know what you've planned yet?

Cheers,
Juliane

---