[aspect-devel] Regarding compilation of ASPECT software using intel C/C++ compiler

Siqi Zhang siqi.zhang at mq.edu.au
Mon Jun 9 19:24:55 PDT 2014

Hi Rohit,

It's bug in the 1.0 version.
You can use the 1.1 version, it should have fixed this problem.
Or you can simply remove those 'typename' in those three places will fix
this as well.

Regards,

Siqi

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 11:43 PM, Rohit Ranjan <rohitranjan1812 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> The installation of ASPECT software based on the user manual upto section
> 3.2 of the installation section went fine with initial configuration of
> ASPECT with libraries built successfully.
> While compiling the ASPECT using the make command I encountered the
> following error messages:
>
> [ 63%] Building CXX object
> CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/simulator/solver.cc.o
> [ 63%] Building CXX object
> CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/simulator/helper_functions.cc.o
> [ 63%] Building CXX object
> CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/simulator/introspection.cc.o
> [ 63%] Building CXX object
> CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/simulator/assembly.cc.o
> [ 72%] Building CXX object
> CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/simulator/nullspace.cc.o
> /import/buserror-data/rranjan/aspect-1.0/source/simulator/nullspace.cc:
> In member function ‘void
> aspect::Simulator<dim>::remove_net_angular_momentum(
> aspect::LinearAlgebra::BlockVector&,
> aspect::LinearAlgebra::BlockVector&) [with int dim = 2]’:
> /import/buserror-data/rranjan/aspect-1.0/source/simulator/
> nullspace.cc:193:
> error: using ‘typename’ outside of template
> /import/buserror-data/rranjan/aspect-1.0/source/simulator/
> nullspace.cc:210:
> error: using ‘typename’ outside of template
> /import/buserror-data/rranjan/aspect-1.0/source/simulator/
> nullspace.cc:211:
> error: using ‘typename’ outside of template
> At global scope:
> cc1plus: warning: unrecognized command line option
> "-Wno-unused-local-typedefs"
> make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/simulator/nullspace.cc.o]
> Error 1
> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>

> Could you kindly recommend a solution to this problem. Or in case if I
> need to use a different compiler like intel C/C++ compiler., what  steps I
> should take to implement it in LINUX.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Rohit Ranjan
> MSc 1st year, Geophysics, TU & LMU
> B.Tech-M.Tech Dual, Civil Engineering , IIT Kanpur
>
> http://www.geophysik.uni-muenchen.de/Members/rranjan
> email: rohit.ranjan at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de

Siqi Zhang
Research Associate
Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences
Faculty of Science
Macquarie University

E7A, Rm 404
Macquarie University