[aspect-devel] Direct Solver in Aspect

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at math.tamu.edu
Mon May 12 14:24:59 PDT 2014

> We need to:
> 1. put velocity and pressure into a single block (done)

I don't know what solver you intend to use, but the SparseDirectUMFPACK solver
can work with BlockSparseMatrix and BlockVector. It would probably not be very
difficult to extend it to use BlockMatrixArray, or to do the same with the
interfaces to other direct solvers. This may turn out to be less intrusive and
more extendible than rearranging the block structure.

> 2. fix all the places that assume the current layout (say T is in block 3)

Can this be done through appropriate modifications/additions to the
Introspection class, rather than scattering if/elses throughout?

Wolfgang Bangerth               email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu