[aspect-devel] Direct Solver in Aspect

Timo Heister heister at clemson.edu
Mon May 12 14:56:18 PDT 2014

> Does it work in parallel?

It uses Amesos::Klu which according to the documentation doesn't work
with more than process, but I used it like that before (on one machine
though). Oops. Not sure what it does then. Amesos also has a parallel
direct solver (paraklete). Maybe it picks that one automatically? If
not, we could change our interface of SolverDirect.

On a single workstation it might be worth running with one mpi task
and multi-threading for assembly and a direct solver, though.

http://www.math.clemson.edu/~heister/