[aspect-devel] Important: switch from svn to git

Timo Heister heister at clemson.edu
Thu May 15 07:10:49 PDT 2014

Hey,

you might (or might not) have noticed, but we switched (effective
immediately) hosting the development version of ASPECT from subversion
to git. The official repository is hosted at
   https://github.com/geodynamics/aspect
and you can clone the repository by
 git clone https://github.com/geodynamics/aspect.git
The manual has already been updated with the instructions.

If you would like to contribute fixes to ASPECT, please do so using
pull requests on github.com. In short:
1. create a github account
2. fork https://github.com/geodynamics/aspect
3. create a branch for the pull request
4. push your branch to your own ASPECT repository on github
5. Create a pull request on the github page of your repository.

I am sorry for any hickups that are likely to happen in the transition
over the next couple of weeks. But I hope this will make contributing
back to the main codebase easier than before.

Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.math.clemson.edu/~heister/