[aspect-devel] Installation error: building object gplates.cc

Sean O'Hara seanoha at gmail.com
Mon May 19 14:55:43 PDT 2014

Hello,

I am attempting to compile Aspect on OSX 10.9, and have been running into a problem. When running make I eventually get the following error on 'Building CXX object ../velocity_boundary_conditions/gplates.cc.o:'

/aspect-1.0/source/velocity_boundary_conditions/gplates.cc:119:16: error: no viable conversion from 'std::ifstream'
      (aka 'basic_ifstream<char>') to 'bool'
        return ifile;

This stops the installation. I have pretty limited experience with C++ so haven’t had any luck in diagnosing the problem. I am running Xcode 5.1.1, if that helps.

Thanks for your help.

Sean O'Hara
University of Illinois at Chicago
SES 2458