[aspect-devel] ASPECT on Mac

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at tamu.edu
Fri Oct 10 18:26:21 PDT 2014

Sylvia,

> But I still have this ASPECT problem while running mpi. In direct run,
> everything works just fine. Could you please have a look on the file
> attached?

I have no idea what the problem is here. I can verify that on my laptop I can
run the input file with one and two processors and get the same results. That
it fails a convergence check on your machine is really only a side effect of
something that appears to be going wrong before. For example, if you look at
the time t=5264.76 years for timestep 2, then this is already wrong -- it
should be somewhere around 14,000 years. Clearly, the velocities are also
wrong in time step 1, they should be in the range of mm/year. What exactly it
is that's going wrong here I have no idea, though :-(

You are running in OPTIMIZED mode. What happens if you switch back to DEBUG mode?

Wolfgang Bangerth               email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu