[aspect-devel] Averaging material properties

Bruno Turcksin bruno.turcksin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 09:11:44 PDT 2015

Wolfgang,

this is pretty cool. There is actually a similar problem in reactor
physics and a lengthy literature on how to do the homogenization on a
cell correctly. To (grossly) simplify the idea, if you can compute the
distribution of the viscosity on some typical cases, you can use these
distributions for your coarse calculation. This will fix the huge
difference in results that you see.

Best,

Bruno