[aspect-devel] Treatment of artificial diffusion and convection terms

Sylvia Rockel sylvia.rockel at fu-berlin.de
Sat Jul 4 02:27:34 PDT 2015

Dear Wolfgang,

Thanks for your quick reply. Are there any additional changes like this in
the numerical methods?

Looking forward to reading the follow-up paper.

>> Does the extrapolated temperature / velocity still occure anywhere?
>
> Which terms specifically do you have in mind? It certainly appears in the
> definition of the artificial viscosity.

Well, I was just wondering, as I couldn't find where in the assembly.cc
the output of 'bdf2_extrapolate' was used. In the paper these terms only
occurred in the rhs of the energy equation (page 18, def of G_i), I think.

Best,
Sylvia