[aspect-devel] Google Summer of Code

Max Rudolph maxwellr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 14:06:17 PDT 2015

Dear All,
Portland State University is one of the mentoring institutions for Google
Summer of Code. Through this program, Google supports student contributions
to open source software projects or the creation of new open source
software. Students are given a stipend of $5500 and it is expected that
they work full-time on their project. Students at any level (undergraduate,
Masters, and PhD level) are eligible to apply. I suggested already one
project related to feature extraction from mantle convection calculations,
but almost any coding project could be proposed as long as it is open
source, useful, can be completed within the program's timeframe, and an
appropriate mentor or mentors can be identified.

See here for more information and how to apply:
http://summer.cs.pdx.edu/apply
and here for general information about the program:
https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2015

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have questions or want to discuss
potential projects.

Regards,
Max Rudolph

Assistant Professor