[aspect-devel] internal velocity boundary conditions

Timo Heister heister at clemson.edu
Tue May 12 18:45:14 PDT 2015

Magali,

this might not quite be what you want, but my student Ryan just
implemented a feature where you can turn off solving for the Stokes
system and supply a given velocity and pressure in the whole domain.
So, if you are able to describe the velocity as a function of the
location, you can run your model like this for a certain amount of
time before you snapshot and switch to a normal computation where
velocity is driven by temperature differences again.

Internal boundary conditions are a bit more complicated, especially
because you need to be careful to pose them in a compatible way.

http://www.math.clemson.edu/~heister/