[aspect-devel] Partial velocity boundary conditions

Lev Karatun lev.karatun at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 22:45:05 PST 2015

Hi everyone,

(I'm sorry if it has already been asked, I tried searching the mailing list
but didn't find any relevant results)

I'm writing a velocity boundary conditions plugin, and  I was wondering if
it's possible to only prescribe a certain component of velocity (say, along
the x axis), leaving the other ones (y and z) unrestricted. Would it be a
valid plugin?
Also, is it possible to prescribe some velocity to a part of a side wall,
and have free slip for the rest of it (mix 2 types of b.c.)?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lev Karatun.