[aspect-devel] Newton solver

Menno Fraters menno.fraters at outlook.com
Fri Sep 25 09:47:22 PDT 2015

Thanks for your detailed response. I really like that you structured it in a way in which it can be implemented in small pieces. For the moment I still have two more questions.

My first question is if you could elaborate a bit on why the first option has your preference?

My second question is if it would be possible the make evaluating the derivative optional, because otherwise if I would implement this, I would need to implement the derivative for all current material models of which some work with quite complex rheologies and cut of the viscosity at a upper and lower threshold, which can make calculating the derivative very hard.

Thanks,

Menno