[aspect-devel] Aspect hangs after several time steps

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at tamu.edu
Fri Feb 26 14:22:43 PST 2016

On 02/26/2016 09:57 AM, Lev Karatun wrote:

> ok, but without enabling them I'm back to the original problem - the
> simulation hangs after a while, even though I fixed the problems pointed out
> by Timo.

There are likely other bugs in the code then. You will have to debug the
problem (without the use of the FPE debugging aid) -- since the program hangs,
it sounds unlikely that anything you could find with FPEs is the cause.

At what point does your program stop? Rene recently fixed a problem that
happened upon output. You could try to get the latest revision from github to
see whether his fix makes your problem go away as well.

Wolfgang Bangerth               email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu