[aspect-devel] A question for setting the depth-dependent viscosity

Nan Zhang Nan.Zhang at Colorado.EDU
Sun Jan 10 16:40:19 PST 2016

Hi all,

I try to set up a viscosity like enta(r,T)=enta0(r)*exp[E(0.5-T)], where
enta0(r) is depth-dependent factor, and E is activation energy.

While, enta0(r)=0.5 when r>5700km, while enta0(r)=1.5 when r<=5700km.

I saw an option, at ASPECT material model, "depth dependent" in the user
manual. The manual gives some basic explanation for "Function-File-List". I
could not find more specific information. Could you help me to specify the
"Function" with my formulation above?

Thanks!
Nan