[aspect-devel] A question for setting the depth-dependent viscosity

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at tamu.edu
Mon Jan 11 05:36:44 PST 2016

On 01/11/2016 05:54 AM, Nan Zhang wrote:

> (1) I try to find a material model option having both depth-,
> temperature-dependent viscosity and composition field. Is there an existing
> "material model" for this?

I must admit that I don't know -- there are too many by now. You need to go
through the list of models that are available.

> (2) after I get the right "material model" option, I wonder what is the exact
> syntax in the input file for my formulation enta(r,T)=enta0(r)*exp[E(0.5-T)]?

The factor exp[E(0.5-T)] needs to come from the underlying material model. For
ent0, you should be able to use something of the form

   if(sqrt(x*x+y*y+z*z)<5000, 1.5, 0.5)

or whatever values you need.

Wolfgang Bangerth               email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu