[aspect-devel] S40RTS and thermal boundary layers

Marie Kajan marie.kajan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:31:23 PDT 2016

Yes, they do vanish when I remove the 'Fixed temperature boundary indicators'
parameter as suggested by Rene... but I guess I'm trying to wrap my head
around how the ASPECT code takes those initial conditions and fixed
temperatures and generates "boundary layers" in a single time step? (I'll
include a picture of both versions for clarity.)

Fortunately, this doesn't have an impact on the dynamic topography or
instantaneous flow, but I would like to understand all the same.

Thanks a lot for letting me know about the update to S40RTS!

Marie