[aspect-devel] Follow-up Question from Harry Levinson regarding reproducing the Solcx benchmark

Harry Levinson hrlevinson at ucdavis.edu
Sun Jul 24 14:08:35 PDT 2016

Thank you Wolfgang for your response!

          I think those are the parameters I was looking for.  But I’m
having trouble figuring out which values to assign to them to setup the
finite element types I listed in my previous email.  I haven’t been able to
locate a table which indicates the value I should set each polynomial
degree parameter to in order to setup a particular finite element.

          I should have mentioned earlier that I’m trying to reproduce the
Solcx benchmark results from a paper that you co-authored, “High accuracy
mantle convection simulation through numerical methods” by Martin
Kronbichler, Timo Heister, and Wolfgang Bangerth.  (I’m referring to the
table at the bottom of page 10).

Sincerely,

Harry Levinson