[aspect-devel] Problem: Iterative advection solver does not converge

FELIPE ORELLANA ROVIROSA f_orellana at berkeley.edu
Mon Jun 6 14:01:35 PDT 2016

 Hi John,

    I understand your points.

    I have tried tolerances in the range 10 ^ (-6 to -8 ).

    I am trying to combine them with max number of iterations (10,20,100),
but there are many combinations, many I haven't really tried.

    My system is isoviscous 10^21 Pa.s, so I kind of expect not to have
dramatic spatial variations on the strain rate..

    I am indeed planning to use temperature-dependent viscosity, and
perhaps non-Newtonian stuff, in the future. Regarding that, I think I first
have to understand the more basic case I am dealing with now.

    I could start just taking my unitary-dimensions model (which runs
successfully) and upgrade its dimensions, but doing one-by-one might take
me weeks.. So I am trying to make an educated guess on what to change,
somehow a shortcut..

thanks a lot for your comments,

Felipe