[aspect-devel] Visco_plastic material model

John Naliboff jbnaliboff at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jun 13 12:33:28 PDT 2016

Hi Mohamed,

The deformation regime (plastic vs viscous) is determined by the yield strength criterion (Drucker Prager).

I indeed set the cohesion to a very large (1e20 Pa) value so that the material in this simple test model is always in the viscous regime.

Cheers,
John

Assistant Project Scientist, CIG
Earth & Planetary Sciences Dept., UC Davis