[aspect-devel] How does one set the Temperature BC in a 2D Periodic Box?

FELIPE ORELLANA ROVIROSA f_orellana at berkeley.edu
Tue Jun 14 17:56:30 PDT 2016

 Hi Elbridge,

       If the periodic BC you refer to are reflective about the wall (have
wavelength equal to the box horizontal length), that implies that the walls
have zero net heat flux.

       Check the cookbook 2D convection example. As far as I remember, it
is set exactly for that case. Homogeneous Newman null on the side walls,
and homogeneous Dirichlet on the base and top. I dont remember exactly, but
check it out.

   If you mean a Temp that is periodic inhomogeneous function of 'y' over
the walls, that will need the command function.

cheers,

Felipe