[aspect-devel] Using of multicomponent

Liumengxue liumengxue14 at mails.ucas.ac.cn
Tue Jun 14 21:45:53 PDT 2016

Hi,
This is the code in my .prm file:

# 4 Compositional fields,

# read from ***.txt

set Dimension = 2

set CFL number = 0.5

set End time = 1.e6 # 1Ma,100steps

set Output directory = /home/lmx/candi/Tdata/test-C4

set Pressure normalization = no

set Use years in output instead of seconds = true

subsection Geometry model

    set Model name = box

    subsection Box

        set X extent = 1000.e3 # 500km*200km

        set Y extent = 700.e3

         set X repetitions = 5

         set Y repetitions = 2

    end

end

#------------------convection-2d------------------------

#subsection Boundary temperature model

# set Model name = constant

# subsection Constant

# set Boundary indicator to temperature mappings = left:0, right:0, bottom:0, top:0

# end

#end

#

subsection Boundary temperature model

   set Model name = box

   subsection Box

        set Bottom temperature = 1974.

        set Left temperature = 0

        set Right temperature = 0

        set Top temperature = 274. # 0 centigrade

    end

end

#----------------------------

subsection Initial conditions

   set Model name = function

   subsection Function

      set Variable names = x,z

      set Function constants = p=0.01, L=1, pi=3.1415926536, k=1

      set Function expression = (1974.-z) - p*cos(k*pi*x/L)*sin(pi*z)

   end

end

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------

subsection Discretization

    set Use locally conservative discretization = false

    subsection Stabilization parameters

       set alpha = 2

       set beta = 0.078

        set cR = 0.5

    end

end

subsection Gravity model

set Model name = vertical

subsection Vertical

set Magnitude = 9.8

end

end

subsection Mesh refinement

set Additional refinement times =

set Initial adaptive refinement = 0

set Initial global refinement = 5

set Refinement fraction = 0.3

set Coarsening fraction = 0.05

set Strategy = temperature

set Time steps between mesh refinement = 10

end

subsection Model settings

set Include adiabatic heating = false

set Include shear heating = false

set Fixed temperature boundary indicators = 0,1,2,3

set Prescribed velocity boundary indicators =

set Tangential velocity boundary indicators = 2,3

set Zero velocity boundary indicators = 0,1

# set Free surface boundary indicators = 3 # free surface:top

end

#-----------boundary velocity condition

subsection Boundary velocity model

subsection Function

set Variable names = x,z

# set Function constants = cm=0.01, year=1 # crustal_model_2D

# set Function expression = if (x<40e3 , 1*cm/year, -1*cm/year) ; 0

set Function expression = if (z >600.e3 && z<670.e3 && x <= 330.e3 ,5.e-2, 0);0 # x and z components,

end

end

#subsection Free surface

# set Free surface stabilization theta = 0.5

#end

subsection Postprocess

set List of postprocessors = visualization,topography,velocity statistics

subsection Visualization

set List of output variables = viscosity,stress,density

set Time between graphical output = 1.e4

end

end

# 改动1

# 加入3个组分场,subduct plate,overide plate and a small interplate weak zone;

subsection Compositional fields

set Number of fields = 4 #

end

subsection Compositional initial conditions

set Model name = ascii data

subsection Ascii data model

set Data directory = /home/lmx/candi/aspect/myapp/ #use absolute directory

set Data file name = c4data.txt

end

end

# Another Material model 改动2,

# need subcection Compositional fields to difine different compositional fields,

# then give material parameters of compositional fields,respectively

subsection Material model

set Model name = multicomponent

set Material averaging = harmonic average

subsection Multicomponent

set Densities = 3300,1,2900,2900,2900

set Specific heats = 1250

set Reference temperature = 0.0

set Thermal conductivities = 4.0

set Thermal expansivities = 3e-5

set Viscosities = 1.e20,1.e18,1.e23,1e20,1e23

end

end

Last email I've already attached my prm file and data file of compositional fields,here I give 3 screenshoots of my results in the attachment,if you can't see that,please let me konw.Then if it's ok for you to give me an email address,I'll send them to you later.Thanks !

Cheers,

Liu