[aspect-devel] Number of grouped files = 1 -> code doesn't exit after it's finished

Max Rudolph maxwellr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 11:41:43 PDT 2016

Following on what Timo wrote, I thought that it would be worth mentioning
to the list that 'mpicc' and 'mpic++' are just wrapper programs in openmpi,
so even if your system provides intel compilers with openmpi by default,
you can change this behavior by setting environment variables (I do this in
my .bashrc):

export OMPI_CXX=/home/rmaxwell/sw/bin/g++-4.8.4
export OMPI_CC=/home/rmaxwell/sw/bin/gcc-4.8.4

Here, I have selected a copy of a more recent g++ than is available
generally on our university cluster. Some people probably know about this,
but I figured that this information might help some readers of the
aspect-devel list. If you run into a situation where your sysadmins are
reluctant to upgrade gcc systemwide (or even provide it at all) for some
reason, this is one workaround.

Cheers
Max