[aspect-devel] Some helps about ASPECT

ELISA FIERRO elisa.fierro at unicam.it
Thu May 19 00:20:14 PDT 2016

Hi All,

I'm an italian PhD student in Geodynamics and the topic of my PhD is
studying mantle dynamics beneath the Red Sea during its various opening
phases. To do this I downloaded the latest version of Aspect (1.5.0-pre)
(after trying CitcomS) and I'm learning to use it.

I need to distinguish the oceanic lithosphere from the continental domain
and I would do it defining a thermal boundary layer and different
lithosphere ages.
My questions are:
If I create a *lithosphere age file (a .txt file *with different ages in)
and I input it, is ASPECT able to read it?
if it so, how can I set up this in the input file?
if it's not, is there a way to distinguish the two lithospheric domains?

Thanks!!

Elisa Fierro