[aspect-devel] Temperature solve

Lev Karatun lev.karatun at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 21:56:21 PDT 2016

Hi,

I was testing one of the models for the hillslope diffusion algorithm with
constant temperature (1) througout the entire domain, but at some point
during the simulation (about when the surface gets flat and velocities are
basically zero) it starts taking increasingly bigger number of iterations
for temperature solver to converge, failing eventually. I was wondering if
this is the correct behaviour? Isn't the temerature solver supposed to
converge right away if there is no temperature gradient? Or am I missing
something?

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but when I vizualized temperature in
paraview, the scale ranged from 1 to 2, although all the points had
temperature 1 (none with 2).

Best regards,
Lev Karatun.